Frequent Asked Questions
Electric Can Opener
- Use AA alkaline batteries only.
- Don’t mix old and new batteries together. Do not mix alkaline, standard (carbon-zinc) and rechargeable (nickel-cadmium) batteries.
- Make sure the batteries are inserted in the correct polarity; if not, the opener won’t operate or may cause battery leakage.
- Remove the batteries when not in use for extended periods of time.
- Do not dispose of batteries in fire, they might explode. If disposing large quantities of batteries, contact your trash disposal company or municipal waste disposal department for instructions.
- Store in a dry place.
- Remove the batteries before wiping clean with a damp towel.
- Do NOT submerge in water, wash under running water, or wash in dishwasher
- The can opener is not working.
Check the battery compartment. Make sure the batteries are in the right polarity and that the cover is securely in place.
- Why is it rotating so slowly? It looks like it’s struggling.
The batteries might be drained already. Replace them and try again.
- Why doesn’t it latch off the edge once it’s done?
First, don’t forcefully remove the can opener. Restart it by taking off the batteries in that position. Put them back on, including the lid and push the button again.
- Why can’t it open the can?
Make sure the can opener is positioned properly on top of the can. Check the can for any dents or bends on the edges. If there are no problems with the can, restart the can opener
*Some can openers are not suitable for opening cans whose bodies are curved, such as coke & beer.
- Why can’t the small magnet keep the lid in place?
Some canned food adheres to the lid due to moisture, or comes in relatively high pressure inside. You can manually lift the lid up or use the underside lid remover to open for some can openers.
Salt & Pepper Gravity Grinders
- Why the grinder works fine initially, but stops working somehow?
Check the battery compartment and make sure the batteries are in the right polarity. Alternatively, use new pack of batteries and try again.
- Why the grinder is working but the salt or pepper doesn’t come out?
(1) Check if arrow mark in cover indicates to “Lock” icon.
(2) Let KM logo upward when flipping the mill. It's the proper position to make the fillings fall into the inlet in container precisely.